- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion , finely chopped
- 2 medium sticks celery , chopped
- 1 large potato , chopped
- 2 carrots , chopped
- 1 parsnip , chopped into large chunks
- 2 tbsp mild vegetarian curry paste
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 850ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp double cream
For the garnish
- 15g butter
- 1 large onion , finely sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large pan, then add the vegetables. Toss well and cook for 3-4 mins until lightly browned.
- STEP 2
Stir in curry paste and flour and mix together well. Pour over the stock and bring to the boil. Leave to simmer for 20-30 mins until the vegetables are tender.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, for the garnish, heat the butter in a frying pan and gently cook the onion for 7-10 mins until browned.
- STEP 4
Stir the cream into the soup. Serve immediately sprinkled with the fried onion and chopped coriander.
Make sure that the curry paste you use is vegetarian.
Recipe from Good Food Vegetarian Christmas, December 2006