- 1-2 tbsp red Thai curry paste (depending on taste)
- 500ml low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 onions , chopped
- 1 aubergine , diced
- 75g red lentil
- 200ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2 red or yellow peppers , deseeded and cut into wedges
- 140g frozen pea
- 100g bag baby spinach , roughly chopped
- brown basmati rice and mango chutney, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the curry paste in a large non-stick saucepan with a splash of the stock. Add the onions and fry for 5 mins until starting to soften. Stir in the aubergine and cook for a further 5 mins – add a little more stock if starting to stick.
- STEP 2
Add the lentils, coconut milk and the rest of the stock, and simmer for 15 mins or until the lentils are tender. Add the peppers and cook for 5-10 mins more. Stir through the peas and spinach and cook until spinach has just wilted. Serve the curry with rice and mango chutney.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, August 2011