This image courtesy of Joseph DeLeo
NotesAny combination of leftover vegetables may be used.
Timing here is set for low altitude cooking. In a high altitude, bake at 400° for 45 minutes.
Serves8 to 10
Total Timeunder 1 hour
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionBuffet, Family Get-together, game day
Taste and Texturesavory
Type of Dishcorn bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, for the baking pan
- 1 1/3 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or rendered bacon fat
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup peeled, seeded, and chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup seeded, deveined, and chopped sweet red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chile or jalapeno peppers
- 1 ear fresh sweet corn, kernels removed
- 9-inch square baking pan
Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter the baking pan.
In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the liquid ingredients and mix well. Fold in the vegetables.
Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35 minutes, or until the edges turn golden and pull away from the sides of the pan.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.