Keep your healthy-eating New Year’s resolution this year with this simple low-fat Vegetable Quinoa Curry recipe.
medium seedless cucumber
fat-free Greek yogurt
mild curry powder
grated fresh ginger
1-inch cauliflower florets
can vegetable broth
Roasted salted cashews (optional)
Mango chutney (optional)
Warm Naan bread (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add quinoa; cook 6 minutes. Add green beans; continue to cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until green beans are crisp-tender and grains are tender but still slightly crunchy. Drain; leave in colander.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle cucumber with a little salt and drain between double thickness of a paper towel.
- Toast cumin seeds in a large, deep nonstick skillet over low heat for 3 minutes, or until fragrant; transfer to a small bowl and add cucumber, 1/2 cup of the yogurt, and 1/4 cup of the cilantro; toss and reserve.
- Add oil to same skillet; heat over medium-high heat. Add curry; cook 30 seconds. Add onion, garlic, and ginger; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add cauliflower, carrots, and tofu; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Pour in broth; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 6 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir the remaining yogurt and cilantro into curry mixture; fold in quinoa mixture. Serve with cucumber salad. Garnish with accompaniments, if desired.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io