This is a riff on the fruit tart my aunt totes along to family gatherings. Hers is glazed with orange marmalade; I sprinkle the berries with sugar and cinnamon. A lot of fruit pizza recipes I’ve seen floating around on the internet use cookie dough for the crust – too sweet for me. I used a pre-made pizza crust, but you could also make your own from purchased pizza dough. —wssmom
12-inch pre-made pizza crust (I use Whole Foods organic pizza crust)
granulated sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
(about 1 1/2 cups) mascarpone (you can cheat and use regular cream cheese, it just won’t taste as good!)
About 2 cups of whatever berries are available – I used strawberries, blackberries and raspberries, but you could also add blueberries, or even thinly sliced peaches
tiny mint sprigs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Brush pizza crust with melted butter and sprinkle with about half the sugar and cinnamon mixture
- Bake in preheated oven anywhere from 5-7 minutes, or just until the butter starts to sizzle and the crust begins to turn light brown. You don’t want to overdo it, or you’ll wind up with a 12-inch cracker.
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir lemon juice into mascarpone. If mixture seems a little too thick, you can thin it with a tiny bit of milk.
- Spread mascarpone evenly over cooled pie crust. Strew the berries artfully about, and sprinkle with remaining sugar and cinnamon. Serve in wedges like pizza, garnished with a mint sprig.