- 1/2 cup Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP)
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed
- 3/4 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp cayenne flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp oil
- dash molasses (mostly for color)
- 1/3 cup vital wheat gluten
- I like to start by blending all of the dry ingredients except the gluten. So, blend the TVP & spices together until you've got a nice consistent powder.
- Bring the liquid ingredients to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add the dry ingredients, stir cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the gluten to this newly formed mixture and mix until everything is nicely combined.
- Split the dough into about 5 pieces and make flattened patties with your hand.
- You can heat these in a skillet with a little oil or bake them at 375 for 12-15 minutes on each side.