- 3 cups TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein)
- 3 cups water
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 cup pitted soaked medjool dates (soak 10 mins in warm water or 15-20 cold water)
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped and deseeded.
- 1 tbs salt
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 tbs black strap molasses
- 4 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs Worcestershire (vegan version, I use Annie's Organic Vegan version, so good!)
- 2 tbs mustard
- 3 tbs hot sauce
- Add water, dates, garlic cloves, tomato and tomato paste to a blender (preferably high speed like Vitamix). Blend until smooth. Next add remaining ingredients except TVP and onion to blender mixture and stir or blend on low until fully incorporated.
- Turn a crock pot on high. Add TVP and blender mixture and diced onion. Stir until TVP is thoroughly coated with the blender sauce and onion. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low 6-8 hours.
- You can technically eat it as soon as its hot but I highly recommend letting it cook for the full time as the flavors really come out in the last hour.