I bought a pack of Scottish smoked salmon to eat it with young salad leaves. I must say the smoked salmon here tasted fresh and really nice. Beside using it in salad, my friend advise me to make smoked salmon donburi. This is really simple and yet tasted so healthy and fulfilling.
Smoked Salmon Donburi
Ingredients (served 2)
- 60 gm smoked salmon slices- cut into bite size
- 2 large eggs
- 2 stalks of spring onion-finely chopped
- 1/2 of small carrot-finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 bowl of cooked sushi rice
- 1 tbsp of shoyu(light soya sauce) – Kikkoman
- seaweed (optional)
- black sesame seed (optional)
- Beat the egg in a bowl and add in the chopped spring onion
- Heat a pan, pour in the cooking oil. Once hot, add the carrot and stir for a minute or so, then flattened it into a round circle.
- Place the smoked salmon on top of the carrot. Pour in the beaten eggs from (1) onto the smoked salmon+carrot.
- Swiveled the pan so that the eggs will coat well all the ingredients.
- Let it cook for 2 minutes on medium heat. Before the egg is fully set, turn off the heat and cover the pan with lid to let it continue to cook. This step will ensure that the egg will not be overly charred and salmon is just nicely cooked.
- Served it on top of rice. Drizzle with shoyu sauce, black sesame seed and seaweed.
Enjoy the healthy meal.
Here some picture I took this morning around 6am in my garden.
I love the little blue florets of forget me not mingling well with tulips
Spring Dutch Iris In full bloom
Fragant colorful wallflowers
I love the morning sun ray upon lupin flower spire. The lupin has just begin to flower
Look at the almost black color tulips-known as the Queen of The Night. My favorite tulips