A great way to sneak in some extra protein in oatmeal is to add textured vegetable protein, which is defatted soy. While it’s mostly used as a vegan or vegetarian substitute for ground beef, it is actually very useful in sweet recipes like this!
- 1/4 cup textured vegetable protein
- 1/3 cup ground rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp Stevia
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil.
- Stir in the salt, TVP and oat flour.
- Turn the heat to the lowest setting and carefully stir in the cinnamon.
- Let the oat mixture simmer until all liquid is absorbed.
- Mix the Stevia or sweetener in with the oats after the oats have finished cooking.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with toppings.